Skip to main content

Northern Suites, Bangalore

Hotels like Northern Suites remind us that it’s not actually that big a deal for the customers to have a perfect experience. On my way to Coorg by bike from Chennai, I stopped by at Bangalore and as a city with tons of options, I was lucky enough to spot this hidden gem. Located at Brookefields, one of the city’s best areas, I was happy to discover a place which has all the basic amenities a person travelling alone would need. To be honest, it took a lot of searching online as I needed a place that’s light on the wallet yet be comfy as possible. Considering I was all by myself, I didn’t mind being a bit adventurous and that’s how I landed here. Thankfully, they have an open space right opposite the hotel which was more than enough to park my bike. Though I was sceptical about it being an open space, I was glad that it was safe and sound when I got back the next day.

As far as the room is concerned, it was more spacious than was needed and I probably felt like it because it’s not often I get to have an entire room for myself. With a regular TV and furniture, the hotel ticks off all the basic boxed. The bed was super-comfortable and quite large even if it had had two people on it. The bathroom was clean and there were no issues as far as hygiene was concerned. I didn’t try the food they had to offer despite having a free breakfast as I left early in the morning. Thankfully, they had someone on the desk even as early as 6 am and that was something I checked before booking to make sure that there aren’t any hiccups in my plan to ride out of Bengaluru. On the whole, it was a pleasant stay at Northern Suites (not to be confused with another hotel of the same management in Bangalore). I would definitely recommend this hotel to solo travellers as well as couples and families.

Rating:
Location: 4/5
Parking: 3/5
Food: NA
Service: 3.5/5
Comfort: 5/5

Address: No. 1623, Kundalahalli Main Road, E Block, AECS Layout, Brookefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037
Contact no.: 097426 12341

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi shoulder a mediocre film: Master Review

A flawed protagonist and a powerful antagonist have always proven to be successful tropes in the world of cinema. The hero, when being anything but perfect, makes way for a beautiful story arc as he convalesces and a strong villain makes the hero’s triumph at the end larger. Despite having both of these, Vijay’s Master feels far from a perfect flick thanks to succumbing to irregular pacing and a middling screenplay. Master follows the trials and tribulations of JD (Vijay), an alcoholic college professor whose valiant effort towards the student community plants a belief in his colleague Charu (Malavika Mohanan) that he would be able to do the same to the kids in a juvenile correction centre that needs… correction. Armed with a just kada, a classic four-wheeler, a Persian cat and a cool pair of sunglasses, JD embarks on a journey that will collide with that of Bhavani’s (Vijay Sethupathi). On paper, Master looks like a failproof star vehicle – the story of a man out there to teach lesson

Icon Residency, Wayanad

During one of my solo bike rides from Chennai to Coorg, I took a detour to check out Wayanad and since Coorg is just a few hours by road from there, I decided to use the small town also for a layover. A quick search told me about the limited options this tourist location has and as I was all by myself, I didn’t mind taking a risk by choosing whatever has a decent rating. iCon Residency in Kalpetta had some really good reviews and in no time, I was in Kerala via Bangalore.  iCon Residency is located on National Highway 212. Though the direction on Google Maps is accurate, finding the place was quite a challenge as it’s located past a narrow street. The hotel looks brilliant from the outside in total contrast to the otherwise old town. There’s also a decent parking space. The basic room I opted for is small when compared to average rooms but for a solo traveller, it was cosy and perfect. The bed

InterContinental Mahabalipuram

After visiting InterContinental many times to meet people who were staying there, for events & functions and for, of course, dining in, I decided it was high time I experienced a stay at this property. A while back, it happened and here I’m chronicling that experience.  Location, Reception and First Impressions InterContinental Mahabalipuram stands among a handful of star properties that are located close to Mamallapuram but not exactly inside the bustling town. It’s situated on the ever-busy East Coast Road and is a cool 42kms away from Central Chennai and almost the same distance from the Chennai International Airport as well (yes, I checked). Post the ‘vanakkam’ by the security personnel who greets you right at the gate, the first thing one would notice about ICC is how simple and elegant it is. Once you get past the security checks, you’re welcomed by the sky and a long pathway and standing on the edge of it gives us a bird’s-eye view of the property. The reception is a high ro