Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from March, 2017

Va Pho

With the number of pending reviews I have, I should technically stop eating outside and concentrate on clearing them out. But some places are just too good to miss and post a splendid experience, it’s impossible for me to not write about it. After seeing a post on Where Chennai Eats by a fellow reviewer about Va Pho, I wanted to try this place out. So when my friend planned a meet, I made this the spot. Location Va Pho is a Pan Asian restaurant located at Cathedral road below the Cathedral road flyover in the same building as Hot Breads, China Town, Don Pepe, Sera – The Tapas bar. The bright green exteriors are hard to miss despite them being inside a street. The street has restricted parking but fortunately they have valet parking service. There’s decent bike parking space too. Ambience The Oriental Group is known for their restaurants that range from very cheap ones to fine dining. They can very well be called as a chain that caters to almost everyone, thanks to the variety they off

Teppanyaki Delicacies @ Five Sen5es, Westin

After my first visit to Westin a couple of years ago for an event, I had always wanted to check out the restaurants this place has to offer. Luckily, a few months earlier, I had been to Five Sen5es during Restaurant Week India during which I got to try a couple of their Teppanyaki dishes and my all time favorite, Sushi. Post a lovely experience, I had planned on coming back to this restaurant, especially for their splendid Sushi. In a way to prove that their Teppanyaki dishes are as good as their Sushi, I was invited by the management for a tasting session for their current festival. Appetizers Chilled Green Tea Green Tea can’t taste any better. This chilled version with a perfectly spherical ice-cube served on a bed of ice was subtle yet refreshing. Miso Shiro (Salmon) A man needs his Miso soup for a man loves em. After trying them about a decade back in a Japanese restaurant, I’ve gone gaga whenever someone says the word ‘Miso’. The delicate yet exquisite flavour of it is something t