Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from April, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War

Directors: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Pratt, Josh Brolin It’s been ten years since the first film from the Marvel Cinematic Universe —  Iron Man  — came out. Since then, we have been through 18 films and more than 40 characters. Unlike DC, Marvel has typically stuck to keeping things safe. The most risk they took was having Rhodes aka Warmachine get paralysed in  Captain America: Civil War , and the death of Scarlet Witch’s brother Quicksilver in  Avengers: Age of Ultron  which we did not really spend sleepless nights over. The good guys have otherwise lost precious little while saving the universe again and again. That’s where the Russo brothers who directed  Captain America: The Winter Soldier  and  Captain America: Civil War , have made a difference. The franchise gets its biggest villain in the almighty Thanos, who even while trampling

Soy Soi

Area:- Kotturpuram Cost for two:-  ₹1,400 Cuisine:- Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Singaporean Location & Parking Soy Soi is located in the posh Gandhi Mandapam Road of Kotturpuram and the restaurant is painted red – making it extremely hard to miss. They’ve also, fortunately, have valet parking and they’re efficient. Ambience Soy Soi is located on the first floor and I suppose the ground floor is reserved for another restaurant that’s yet to be opened. The uber looking interior of the restaurant is painted black with bright yellow and red dragonflies adorning the wall. Right at the entrance, a huge block of a halved log is used as a table and it’s so long that it actually goes through a few walls. Cool, isn’t it? The chandeliers which hang as a bunch add more elegance to the decor. Apart from the regular seating which is brightly coloured, there’s also a section with wooden pillars giving it a confined cabin feel that’s got couch seating. Food The menu lends a few from e

The Summer House Eatery

Picture courtesy: Subhiksha Venkat Area:-  Alwarpet Cost for two:-  ₹1,400 Cuisine:- Italian, Continental, French For a foodie whose day job involves being a movie buff, a restaurant situated in Mani Ratnam’s old office is nothing short of a mecca. Not to mention the fact that one of the owners of The Summer House Eatery is Anirudh himself. But once you indulge in what they serve here, the aforementioned reasons take the back seat and it’s sure to be a place you won’t stop raving about. I was here recently and given below is my take on the latest eatery in town. Location & Parking This eatery is quite a tough one to find if you aren’t familiar with the locality and on my first trip here, despite a friend sharing the location online, I wasn’t able to find it easily. But after my first visit, it was easy peasy. Fortunately, they also have signboards located right from the main road to direct folks to their property. The place doesn’t sport an expansive parking area but thankfully t