Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from September, 2018

Chekka Chivantha Vaanam

Director: Mani Ratnam Cast: Arvind Swami, Simbu, Vijay Sethupathi, Arun Vijay, Aishwarya Rajesh, Jyotika, Dayana Errapa, Aditi Rao Hydari, Prakash Raj It’s not every day you see a multi-starrer in Tamil cinema, let alone in the magnitude of Chekka Chivantha Vaanam that stars such a stellar cast. And obviously, if someone can pull it off, it can only be by someone in the stature of Mani Ratnam. After all, when was the last time there was a 5 am show for a director? CCV is not just an amalgamation of stars but a marriage of talents and Mani collects these beams like a prism to give out a rainbow. What intrigued me about the film was how simple and straightforward the story actually is. Of course, there are the mandatory twists as well as the whodunit turn the film takes closer to the intermission, but as it gets to the climax, you’ll realise how you’ve complicated it inside your head even though the answers were just lying around to be discovered. Mani’s filmography doesn’t have many fil

Ride 5 - BOBMC 2017 Kundapura, Karnataka

By this point, we’ve done a couple of smaller rides and as expected, we were hungry for more. We wanted to go for a ride that’s long enough for us to stay overnight at a place before we reach our destination the next day and that came in the form of BOBMC. What’s that you may ask. That’s the abbreviation for Brotherhood of Bulleteers Motorcycling Consortium. It’s an annual gathering of RE riders to commemorate the spirit of motorcycling and it’s a 2-day fest. They even have a wiki page. The Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club (RTMC) of Bangalore hosted the 17th BOBMC at Kundapur, on the coastal belt of Karnataka. It was our first ride to a riding event and obviously, we were excited about it. From our beloved seniors, we heard a lot of stories on what happens at the event. Apart from the food and music, there were some unwritten customs such as pillow fights at night. And when I say pillow fights, it’s not what you think it is. It’s pounding an unsuspecting (also, sleeping) victim, mercile

Bombay Brasserie

Picture courtesy: Tripadvisor Area:-  Adyar Cost for two:-  ₹1,500 Cuisine:-  North Indian At times I fascinate myself by not reviewing a place that I’ve been to almost half a dozen times and the latest to join that list is Bombay Brasserie. Of course, I often visit their Nungambakkam branch owing to the distance from my house but the Adyar branch is the one I frequented more in recent times. I was invited recently by the mgmt to check out their new menu and ironically, I was at BB just a month before this particular visit. This time though, it wasn’t sticking to my usual shormas, curries and rotis. Location & Parking The Adyar branch of Bombay Brasserie is located at Gandhinagar main road, right below Adyar bridge’s end. Thankfully, they’ve got valet parking facility as there isn’t much space in the building for parking, though the space below the bridge offers enough spots. Ambience Walking into BB felt like moving into another dimension. The ambience and decor is top notch. BB i