Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from November, 2016

Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada

Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada (AYM) is undoubtedly one of the most expected films of the year. Thanks to the success of Simbu and Gautham Menon’s previous venture, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa , the stakes were high for this flick. The story begins with a quick glimpse of an elderly couple getting attacked in Maharashtra. Back in Chennai, Simbu, fresh out of college, gets his hands on a bike to fulfill his desire to clock in a couple of miles on the open road. Manjima walks into his life as his sister’s friend who stays with Simbu’s family for a while owing to her project works. Just like in all Gautham films, Simbu falls for her at first sight and even without knowing Simbu’s name, she too develops a good rapport with him. This friendship thickens and when Simbu plans to hit the road on a long ride, Manjima volunteers to fill the back seat. As they get closer, Simbu, who originally intends to cover S. India, decides to drop off Manjima at her hometown in Maharashtra. During the trip, the

Ride 1 - Mudaliarkuppam Boat House, East Coast Road

Even though I’ve been riding ever since I learnt to ride my cousin sister’s good ol’ Sunny all those years back, I never knew there was a rider in me waiting to break out. There was always this aspiration to give racing a shot but never in a million years did plain riding ever cross my head. It all happened when I replaced my Yamaha R15 V2 with a Royal Enfield Classic 500 – Squadron Blue . Before I can even say ‘Bullet’, I have signed up for the V11 Intro drive organised by the V11 RERC. Itinerary The introductory breakfast ride was quite a simple and straightforward one. It was a trip to the Mudaliarkuppam Boat House followed by a breakfast stop at the Mamalla Beach Resort.  The route taken too was pretty uncomplicated. What’s new Considering this was our first time, literally every single thing was new. For starters, the bike was new. To make sure this ride happens, I had to get the RE serviced even before it’s first service which is usually done after 500 kms. I knew that this is th