Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from August, 2018

Vishwaroopam 2

A lot has changed since Vishwaroopam came out in 2013. Terrorism has a new face in the form of ISIS, the President of USA comedy happened, Tamil Nadu’s political scenario changed, we lost two major leaders, two actors got into politics and something so trivial as my life has also changed drastically! So one might feel a sequel 5 years later wouldn’t really deliver the same punch its original film did. After all, Vishwaroopam 2 isn’t one of those franchises such as Singam which had sequels just because the original ended up doing well at the box office. It’s, of course, a film that continues from where the original one ended and that too immediately, so how relatable is the film? The answer is, in short, the film is a worthy sequel to the original and gives us a bit more too. Hey, we’re talking about a man who has often been said to be ahead of his times, so that shouldn’t be surprising. Vishwaroopam 2, is technically not a sequel but a circumquel, which is, a film that happens part

Pyaar Prema Kaadhal

Cast: Harish Kalyan, Raiza Wilson, Rekha, Anand Babu Director: Elan In a sense, almost all Indian films can be considered to be musicals. But films like  Duet, Neethane En Ponvasantham  and  Meyaadha Maan  (which was even promoted as  Royapurathu La La Land ) come closer to the definition of a musical, given the sheer volume of songs that are also interwoven into the story. The latest to join this list is the Harish Kalyan and Raiza Wilson-starrer  Pyaar Prema Kaadhal,  which also marks the production debut of Yuvan Shankar Raja. While the title gives away what this film is about, the use of words from different languages to mean the same thing is mirrored in the leads, who despite being in the same relationship, are totally different from each other. Sree (played by an exuberant Harish Kalyan) is the quintessential middle-class guy without any major dreams, for whom the epitome of romance is Jack-Rose relationship from  Titanic . His is a modest family with a mother who worries about