Skip to main content

Maya Residency, Trichy

Been a while since I reviewed a hotel, so here it goes. Me and two of my friends made it Trichy for a wedding that happened at Kalaingar Arivalayam. Fortunately, our friend had booked rooms at Maya’s Residency which is bang opposite to the mandapam.

Fullscreen capture 03-01-2016 173502.bmp

Maya’s looks like a brand new property as everything was sparkling clean. First impressions were really positive. Car parking was an issue as their underground parking facility was filled up and we had to park at the entrance which was cumbersome. The security guards were literally useless in guiding the cars when parking. Reception was neat and service was quick. We were given a two bed room on the second floor. The minute we opened the door, we were pleasantly surprised on how beautiful the room was. I was seriously not expecting something as good as this in Trichy. The two cots were clean. There was a wall mounting with blue light at the wall behind the bed which was really cool. A similar light also placed behind the tv. Tv was good, thanks to tata sky connection, We got to catch the IPL match fortunately. On the negative end, the remote was messed up and we had to keep hitting the exit button on it as it goes to some option on the tv without our hindrance.

Fullscreen capture 03-01-2016 173443.bmp

Bathroom was pretty clean but when compared with the room, it wasn’t that great. The cupboards have lights in them. There was also an electronic safe but it didn’t look like it worked.

Fullscreen capture 03-01-2016 173451.bmp

Service was quick and friendly. They could be a bit more professional. Atleast an uniform will make it look better. As we were three, we asked for an extra bed, which was brand new without even the plastic film removed. Had some coffees too. Pretty decent stuff.

Definitely a place that’s recommended for family, couples and friends. All amenities are available nearby itself, making it an awesome place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi shoulder a mediocre film: Master Review

A flawed protagonist and a powerful antagonist have always proven to be successful tropes in the world of cinema. The hero, when being anything but perfect, makes way for a beautiful story arc as he convalesces and a strong villain makes the hero’s triumph at the end larger. Despite having both of these, Vijay’s Master feels far from a perfect flick thanks to succumbing to irregular pacing and a middling screenplay. Master follows the trials and tribulations of JD (Vijay), an alcoholic college professor whose valiant effort towards the student community plants a belief in his colleague Charu (Malavika Mohanan) that he would be able to do the same to the kids in a juvenile correction centre that needs… correction. Armed with a just kada, a classic four-wheeler, a Persian cat and a cool pair of sunglasses, JD embarks on a journey that will collide with that of Bhavani’s (Vijay Sethupathi). On paper, Master looks like a failproof star vehicle – the story of a man out there to teach lesson

Munna Bhai Dhaba, Sullurpet, Andhra Pradesh

  This time, we rode almost 100 kms to discover this hidden gem. Located at the ever busy NH16, Munna Bhai Dhaba is one of those places that dishes out some delicious food for you to cherish en route to your destination. Just that, this time it was our destination. After starting at 8:30PM from Chennai, we reached here around 10ish and by that time some items were unfortunately sold out. Out of 10, 6 of us were hardcore carnivores while the rest of them were Eggetarians. We opted for a couple of Chicken dishes which included Munna Bhai special chicken (a yummy starter with sauteed chicken and cashews) and a couple more Chicken dishes which are named after the states of our country. One such dish was the which had an egg base with piping hot Chicken curry on top which was the star of our dinner. A surprise show-stealer was the Onion Pakoda which looked bleh but tasted great. Rotis were so warm and fluffy that we finished 40 of them in no time. Egg Bhurji was apparently good too. Obvious

InterContinental Mahabalipuram

After visiting InterContinental many times to meet people who were staying there, for events & functions and for, of course, dining in, I decided it was high time I experienced a stay at this property. A while back, it happened and here I’m chronicling that experience.  Location, Reception and First Impressions InterContinental Mahabalipuram stands among a handful of star properties that are located close to Mamallapuram but not exactly inside the bustling town. It’s situated on the ever-busy East Coast Road and is a cool 42kms away from Central Chennai and almost the same distance from the Chennai International Airport as well (yes, I checked). Post the ‘vanakkam’ by the security personnel who greets you right at the gate, the first thing one would notice about ICC is how simple and elegant it is. Once you get past the security checks, you’re welcomed by the sky and a long pathway and standing on the edge of it gives us a bird’s-eye view of the property. The reception is a high ro