Skip to main content

Only Coffee India, Melmaruvathur

IMG_20150514_165545

While travelling from Chennai to Trichy with a couple of friends, we were in dire need of our caffeine shot and were frantically searching for a nice coffee shop. Coffee shops are a norm nowadays in highways and every Tom, Dick and Harry are coming up with coffee shops with some brand name. It’s kinda hard to find the good ones and literally impossible to try them all before deciding on one. A friend of mine told that he has tried the Only Coffee India Pvt Ltd coffee shop and it’s good. So when we got here, we knew we had to stop (somewhere near Melmaruvathur).

IMG_20150514_165010

There is abundant parking space with a security personal as well. Ambience wise, it was really decent when compared with their counterparts. It was very spacious and natural lighting is used to light up the place. There were a number of differently sourced coffee beans that were on display and they also sell packets of these coffees, grounded.

IMG_20150514_165429

Our coffees were served in brass ‘Dabara’ sets. They tasted delicious. The decoction flavour is easy to make out and the strong coffee hits the right spots on ones tongue. Only Coffee India will surely be my spot for coffees hereafter during my long drives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi shoulder a mediocre film: Master Review

A flawed protagonist and a powerful antagonist have always proven to be successful tropes in the world of cinema. The hero, when being anything but perfect, makes way for a beautiful story arc as he convalesces and a strong villain makes the hero’s triumph at the end larger. Despite having both of these, Vijay’s Master feels far from a perfect flick thanks to succumbing to irregular pacing and a middling screenplay. Master follows the trials and tribulations of JD (Vijay), an alcoholic college professor whose valiant effort towards the student community plants a belief in his colleague Charu (Malavika Mohanan) that he would be able to do the same to the kids in a juvenile correction centre that needs… correction. Armed with a just kada, a classic four-wheeler, a Persian cat and a cool pair of sunglasses, JD embarks on a journey that will collide with that of Bhavani’s (Vijay Sethupathi). On paper, Master looks like a failproof star vehicle – the story of a man out there to teach lesson

Icon Residency, Wayanad

During one of my solo bike rides from Chennai to Coorg, I took a detour to check out Wayanad and since Coorg is just a few hours by road from there, I decided to use the small town also for a layover. A quick search told me about the limited options this tourist location has and as I was all by myself, I didn’t mind taking a risk by choosing whatever has a decent rating. iCon Residency in Kalpetta had some really good reviews and in no time, I was in Kerala via Bangalore.  iCon Residency is located on National Highway 212. Though the direction on Google Maps is accurate, finding the place was quite a challenge as it’s located past a narrow street. The hotel looks brilliant from the outside in total contrast to the otherwise old town. There’s also a decent parking space. The basic room I opted for is small when compared to average rooms but for a solo traveller, it was cosy and perfect. The bed

InterContinental Mahabalipuram

After visiting InterContinental many times to meet people who were staying there, for events & functions and for, of course, dining in, I decided it was high time I experienced a stay at this property. A while back, it happened and here I’m chronicling that experience.  Location, Reception and First Impressions InterContinental Mahabalipuram stands among a handful of star properties that are located close to Mamallapuram but not exactly inside the bustling town. It’s situated on the ever-busy East Coast Road and is a cool 42kms away from Central Chennai and almost the same distance from the Chennai International Airport as well (yes, I checked). Post the ‘vanakkam’ by the security personnel who greets you right at the gate, the first thing one would notice about ICC is how simple and elegant it is. Once you get past the security checks, you’re welcomed by the sky and a long pathway and standing on the edge of it gives us a bird’s-eye view of the property. The reception is a high ro